Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Craft Filled Weekend!

So I totally know that I have been a horrible blogger lately, I am just sooooo busy! I haven't even been able to take pictures of Cash or anything! What I have been doing though is pretty exciting! This past Christmas my parents gave me a sewing machine for one of my gifts and it has been in the attic ever since! Well this past weekend I pulled it down and went to work! Well, kind of, I bought fabric to make window panels for my two bay windows! Although it was my first attempt, I was VERY proud of them! I think they look great! It is exactly what my house needed! It is a black, tufted, taffeta material. I also have been working on baby/birthday/wedding gifts for all our events we have had lately. We went to Rebekah's wedding Saturday night and then we have Max and Elliot's birthday parties on the same day, this up coming Saturday! Then my friend Lindsey, who lives in Russellville, is having a baby shower the next weekend! So I have learned how to make tutu's and made the tutu you will see below for Elliott's b-day party, her theme is watermelons, so her tutu is lime green and hot pink! Too cute! I have also learned how to make these cute painted shirts for little girls so I have made several of those as well! I have made some things for Lindsey's shower but I can't put them on here until I give the gift, just in case! But I think she will love everything she will be getting!
My window panels, sewn by ME!!!
Elliott's tutu....
Hand painted shirt....
Last night Cash wanted to color so I put him in his booster seat and let him go crazy. He colored his tray, the chair, and his clothes more than he colored the paper!Cash is so much fun right now! Just a quick update: He can say so many things like MOO when you ask what sound a cow makes or MEOW when you ask what sound a cat makes! He knows eyes, nose, and mouth. He can say rain, his favorite word is NO. He is just growing soooo fast! He is now 16 months old and LOVES being outside! He is obsessed with basketball goals and balls! Maybe he will be an NBA star one day! I hope everyone has a great week and I will get better about blogging! Also, all the people affected by the horrible weather and tornados are in our prayers! I can't wait for Spring to pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment