Wednesday, March 10, 2010

We Are Alive...

Ok, so I have probably never been as scared as I was tonight, as far as weather goes! I started out by going to Duck Duck Goose and then Craigan called and wanted to go eat US Pizza. I told him we should probably go on home because I thought it was supposed to storm. I wasn't too worried though because earlier in the day Mike Francis said the main threat was hail. I am cool with that, however, those of you who know me well know that I am the BIGGEST scaredy cat EVER when it comes to tornadoes. So we went on to US Pizza and my mom was at home with Cash. She calls me at about 6:30 and says, "where are you", I told her I was at US Pizza and she proceeded to tell me Saline and Pulaski Counties were under a tornado warning and there was a tornado that has just touched down on Hwy 5. I threw my pizza down, told Craigan to pay and get home asap, and ran out the door. I couldn't drive fast enough to get home, all the while the tornado sirens are going off like crazy! I got home long enough to strip all the beds and to hear the news say, "if you live between Sam Peck and Pleasant Forest take cover now, there is a possible tornado over your area." OMG, WHAT???!!! I went through the roof. I was crying, laying on top of Cash, in the downstairs stairwell, with 3 down comforters and pillows covering us. Not knowing if the noises outside was massive hail or tornado debris. We stayed there for about 15-20 mins, then it finally crossed the river. Some people have said there was a tornado not very far from our house but I am not sure. Thank God we are all safe and alive!
Hail on our deck
This is Cash's new stroller that I managed to snag at DDG.....
I think he really likes it, it has been forever since he has fallen asleep in a stroller....

1 comment:

  1. I live in Monticello. Thankfully it didnt get bad down here. Your not the only one that is TERRIFIED of tornadoes!!!

    ReplyDelete