Friday, October 2, 2009

And The Coffee Table Wins....

My poor baby scared me to death today. He has started standing himself up without holding onto anything and then when he thinks he is about to fall he will reach for the nearest thing. This time it was the coffee table at Angi's and, well, he missed.....that is, with his hands. He nailed the side of it with his head. Right between his eyebrows, he cried and screamed so of course I called the Dr. office to make sure he didn't have a concussion. They said he would be perfectly fine and not be alarmed if in the morning he wakes up with a black eye!!!! What!!??? I didn't even think about that happening!! I feel so bad for him. I know it had to hurt really bad! I gave him some Tylenol and we shall see.....


I don't know that you can tell from this picture, but there was a huge bump and it was red and blue :( What a way to start out the 9th month! The nurse told me I will have to calm down and not get so upset about these falls because if he is standing without support at 9 months, I have a long road ahead! She is right, but I am going to have to be prescribed something if these are the types of falls ahead! Craigan use to be very accident prone when he was a child, I hope Cash doesn't follow in Daddy's footsteps or Mommy will have a stroke by the time she is 30! I will let you know if we get a black eye, I pray we don't!

UPDATE: No black eye this morning(Oct 3)...actually looks so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment