Sunday, October 11, 2009

20th Year Rains Family Reunion





This weekend was my mom's side of the family(Rains), family reunion. As far back as I can remember we have had these every year, hence the 20th year! I always looked so forward to going when I was a kid. I loved to see all my cousins, aunts, uncles, my grandparents, distant members of my family that I never remember their names, etc..... We rent out a whole boyscout camp in Broken Bow, Oklahoma and cook, play games, and have a blast with our family! It is unlike any reunion I have heard that other families have. Since I have gotten older I stopped going every year but 3 years ago I did go, at the last minute. I drove by myself after I got off work and I, at the time, didn't know what a good decision I had made. We have them every October, usually, and I wanted to go to see everyone that I had not seen in a while. I got to see my Nana and Papa, all my cousins, aunts, uncles, etc....Little did I know it would be the last time I would see my Papa. That following January, I got the phone call at 5:00 a.m. that no grandchild wants to receive. My Papa had passed away. What?! How? He was perfectly fine just a few months ago, he was my last living grandpa! I was beside myself. I loved him so much and wish I could have spent more time with him at the reunion that year! I did sit on his lap while he hugged me and talked to members of our family sitting around the meat smoker. With all this said, they made a DVD of the last 20 years at the reunion and there he was, him and Nana, a great picture of both of them. I lost it, I just wish that Cash would have had a chance to know his Papa and that Papa would have got to see and hold my baby! This was my first year back to the reunion, with Cash and without my Papa. Watching that video was a pretty hard moment for me but I know he is so happy where he is and he sees Cash and our whole family everyday! Cash and Craigan


Cash sitting on our bed



Cash and Addison

No comments:

Post a Comment