Sunday, September 13, 2009

Preparing For Flu Season

So at first, when all the H1 N1 talk started, I was not scared of it in the least. I was actually tired of hearing about it in the news. Well I logged into my e-mail one day and it said, on the Yahoo web page, 18 million Americans will get the H1 N1 flu and of those 90,000 Americans will die! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! This certainly got me to thinking a little harder about the virus. I still wasn't totally freaked out or anything, just really started washing my hands more frequently. Well now I am totally freaking out and obsessed with buying antibacterial products after hearing about the six year old that died this passed week from Hot Springs and the fact that one of my good friend's little girl potentially has it too! I have gone into germ freak mode! So I thought I would show my flu prevention kit....Not that this is fail proof by any means but I am trying to make every effort I can to prevent this horrible virus from attacking our family! I am using all of these in addition to anti-bacterial soap and HOT water. Cash and I went to Babies R Us this afternoon, which I am trying to leave him at home now as much as possible, to get him his first toothbrush ( for those FIVE teeth he has) and some supplies for baby hands that kills germs! (I also "Lysol-ed" down the whole entire cart, even though he has a cart cover, I admit I am a freak, ok?.) The white thing in the middle is actually a passy sterilizer! It looks awesome, I can't wait to use it! I truly do hope all these steps and all the prayers I have been praying will work! On the upside, as I mentioned above, Cash got his first toothbrush today! How exciting, right? It's is even one that is battery operated and vibrates! He loved his first brush.....

Isn't this face priceless?

We had a pretty low key weekend, but it was nice to have nothing to do! Sometimes we just get too wrapped up in our fast paced life that we need the rain to slow us down, keep us inside, and hang out together all day! I loved playing with Cash all weekend long!

No comments:

Post a Comment