Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cash's 9 Month Check-Up


We went to see Dr. Ledbetter today for Cash's 9 month check-up, p.s. I love Dr. Ledbetter at Little Rock Children's Clinic if anyone is looking for a pediatrician, I had worked myself up all morning because I have a perfectly well baby and didn't really want to take him to the Dr. office with sick kids. My stomach was sick all morning due to this and the decision of giving him the flu shot. Yes, I know, I am ridiculous but I just hate putting things in his little body at such a young age! And in case you are wondering, our clinic only has the room divided for now, one side sick one side well, when most clinics have two separate waiting rooms, they are working on this problem and hope to have two different rooms soon! Anyways, I waited outside while Craigan went to check us in and wait for the nurse to call our name. He came and got me when our name was called and I practically ran through the waiting room! Like I said, I know I am ridiculous! The nurse checked his head circumference, weight, and height. He is 21 lbs 1 oz., 30 inches, and developing extremely well per Dr. Ledbetter. He is in the 79 percentile for height, 67th for weight, and 66th for head circumference. He said he had reached every milestone so far for his age and looks great! We did decide to go ahead with the seasonal flu shot, which we will be back in 30 days to get the second part of, and he assured me it was for the best! I totally trust him and Craigan felt good about it too, so he got the shot:( He screamed bloody murder!! He hates shots! I leave his line of sight everytime he gets a shot so that he doesn't think this was my idea then I swoop in for the save once the needle is removed! We did also talk about a potential food allergy that Cash has, it is a dairy allergy. Hopefully it will be outgrown, but for now, no dairy products for Cash! How sad, I was so excited for him to get started on whole milk. Well it will be soy milk for our little guy.

Getting ready to go see Dr. Ledbetter
Cash was not sure about the paper on the table and the crinkle sound it made!
This was, clearly, before the shot!


The Flu Shot :(

No comments:

Post a Comment