Saturday, May 16, 2009

It's Raining Babies and Brides!!!

So far this spring/summer, I have been really busy with hosting baby and bridal showers! My best friend Ashley is having a baby girl and I was a hostess for her baby shower in April, my sister-in-law, Shelly, is having a little boy and her shower was today, and I am already planning my best friend's bridal shower, which will be held at my house, in two weeks! Not to mention the showers I have been invited to that I didn't host! Shelly's shower went well today. She got quite a bit of stuff, had a great turn out, and the food table/cake was really cute. I had the cake made by a lady that was referred to me and she did a great job! I thought it was adorable! I also made washcloth candies, I love these! You can see one behind the cake in the picture below. Her friend Nicole, another hostess, made an adorable diaper cake too! Although Max was in NICU, Shelly seemed to have a good time visiting with her friends and family! We all have been praying that Max will go home soon and be a big healthy boy before we know it! Shelly opened all her gifts and then said a few words about Max's situation and how her belief in Jesus Christ is what is getting her through this, he has carried her through some other situations in her life and right now she is relying heavily on Him, family, and friends! By the end she had all of us in tears, Max is still doing great and thriving! We continue praying for his health and for him to go home soon!

Hostesses and Shelly: (from left to right) Dana, Me, Shelly, Nicole, Shannon

The Cake with Max's Monogram

The Adorable Diaper Cake (there are some washcloth candies in this pic too)

Me and Shelly

Shelly, her mother Linda, sister Susan, and niece Reagan

Carol our mother-in-law, Me, and Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment